- SubSwap is a community of members participating in the sharing economy by buying, selling or trading their items.
- Our community values include trust, honesty and being friendly. It’s up to the SubSwap community to maintain integrity and support everyone! Please be kind and respectful to others.
- Please ship, swap, trade, sell, barter, manage and/or donate at your own risk. Subswap only provides the platform and does not offer any fair trade, performance or guarantee. Users must rely on their best judgement.
Here are a few rules that we ask that you follow:
- Do respect and be considerate of others.
- Do be truthful in your listings.
- Do not post counterfeit items.
- Insults or belittling comments are not permitted under any circumstances. We respect everyone’s right to free speech but will not tolerate harassment.
- Do not violate copyright. You may not post content that infringes upon or violates any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, publicity, privacy or other intellectual property or other right, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material.
- Do not spam. Any and all forms of “spam”, including advertisements and solicitations, will be removed and SubSwap may deactivate accounts that are engaged in such activities at any time.
- Do not post offensive content. This includes content that:
- is intended to exploit, solicit or harm minors
- is violent, racist, incendiary, or otherwise objectionable
- contains profane, obscene, vulgar or sexually explicit language
- glorifies self-harm, suicide, anorexia, bulimia, or any other practice that is clearly unhealthy or harmful
- includes link to photos, drawings, videos or other materials that are obscene or that contain nudity, violence or any other images that are not suitable for the SubSwap community.
- Do not post any information about someone that isn't you, including personal information about another individual.
- Only one account per individual. Each individual can only have one profile and account. Members who use different profiles and try to deceive the community, risk having their accounts deactivated.
- If you agree to a transaction but do not follow through, your account will be deactivated.
- If you see something that goes against our community guidelines, please let us know!
- Remove your listings immediately after you agree to swap/sell/donate your item
How do I list an Item?
- Click on the "Post a New Listing" button.
- Select your listing type.
- Fill out the page with as much information about the item as possible.
What is the difference between the listing types?
- “Swap” puts you in contact with other customers interested in exchanging items. There is no exchange of money in this transaction. Both customers agree to exchange items, and provide each other with their shipping information.
- “Selling” puts you in contact with other customers interested in buying your item. The transactions are handled using PayPal.
How does swapping work?
- Before listing an item for swapping, check the marketplace and see if there is an item you are interested in.
- If you find an item, reach out to the person listing the item to see if they are willing to swap.
- If you don’t find an item, list your item for swapping and see if anyone reaches out to you.
How does selling an item work?
- You can post an item for sale by clicking on the "Post a new listing" button on the top menu.
- Once a buyer clicks on the “buy” button, you will be notified of their order and will be provided with their shipping address. (You can also contact the buyer by clicking the “Contact” button.)
- Once the item is mailed out, communicate with the other customer to inform them of the tracking number and remove the listing.
Does SubSwap guarantee my order?
- SubSwap does not control the information provided by other users that is made available through our system. You may find other users' information to be offensive, harmful, inaccurate, or deceptive. Please use caution, common sense, and practice safe trading when using SubSwap. Please note that there are also risks of dealing with people acting under false pretenses. By using SubSwap, you agree to accept such risks and that SubSwap (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, and employees) is not responsible for any and all acts or omissions of users on SubSwap.
- In the event a swap results in lost property by either party, SubSwap will try and help the two parties come to an acceptable solution, but expressly offers no guarantees.
- Because SubSwap is a venue, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more users (including loss of property), you release SubSwap (and SubSwap’s officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, and employees) from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. All swaps and sales are the responsibility of the people exchanging the items.
- As sale items utilize PayPal services to complete, any disputes for items that were listed for sale are eligible for PayPal's Buyer & Seller Protection, and can be resolved through PayPal's Customer's Dispute service.
How do I accept payments through PayPal?
- You can accept payments through PayPal by connecting to your PayPal account through your Payment Settings page. You can update your PayPal settings by clicking on your profile icon on the top right and going to the "Settings" page.
How do I issue a refund?
- The seller can issue a full refund to the buyer from their PayPal account. The seller then needs to request the marketplace administrator to refund the transaction fee from that transaction.
Is the PayPal payment processing fee refunded?
- PayPal will refund the percentage portion of their fees for the transactions, but not the fixed fees. This means that the seller will lose the fixed fee for each refund.
What are the benefits of PayPal's Buyer & Seller Protection feature?
- When users use PayPal they are eligible for PayPal's Buyer & Seller Protection in case something goes wrong. See here for more information.
How is shipping handled?
- You are responsible for mailing the items to the purchaser. You have the option of shipping the item through your own method, or using PayPal's Shipping Center to create a label. Once you have a tracking number, you must provide this to the buyer so that they may track their shipment.
How do I use PayPal's Shipping Center?
- PayPal offers a free, convenient and easy way to take care of your shipping needs with a variety of helpful shipping tools. After you receive a payment, click the "Print Shipping Label" button on your Paypal Account Overview or History page to access the shipping tools.
How quickly should I send the product?
- You should mail the product as quickly as possible. All packages should be mailed out within 2 business days after the transaction has been placed. If you anticipate a delay in mailing out any packages, you should inform the buyer of the delay and provide an estimated delivery date as quickly as possible. If you do not ship the items out quickly, the buyer may cancel the sale.
How should I package the items before I ship them?
- It's important to pack your items properly so that they aren't damaged during shipping. Pack the items in a sturdy box that is in good condition. Use clear or brown packaging tape, reinforced packing tape, or paper tape. The tape should be at least 2 inches wide. If you ship using USPS Priority Mail, your local postal service can provide you with free boxes.
What if the item I bought has not been shipped?
- If the item you have bought or swapped has not been shipped, you should try to contact the seller first. If you do not hear back from them in 24 hours, then you can send a message to us using the "Contact Us" link in the menu. If you paid for the item, you can also contact PayPal's Customer Dispute to help you resolve this issue. We will try to do our best to help you resolve this matter.
How do I provide reviews?
- We encourage everyone to provide a review after the item has been sold. After a successful sale of an item, you will receive an email asking you to provide a review for the other person. Reviews are only limited to sales transactions and are not provided for items which have been swapped.